Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy Birthday, USA!

Every year on the 4th of July, we make the trek down to the end of our block to watch the annual American Canyon parade. I love that our little city has such pride for her nation! Many of the city trees have yellow ribbons, there is a permanent sign outside of city hall that states "American Canyon supports our troops", and in addition to the parade there is always a big festival at the park right down the street. Our fireworks display is, in my opinion, better than the one our neighbors to the north (Napa, CA) have from their city, too.

It may be because I am a "76er", it may be the example of my parents, but I love our nation. No, we aren't perfect, but we are Americans, and as messed up as our country can seem to be, it is a heck of a lot better than most of the world. So, happy birthday, USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment